DIY// Pumpkin Spice Creamer

3:50 AM Amanda Greathouse 1 Comments

Ah living in Germany certainly poses some bumps in the road. Especially when Fall rolls around & it's #pumpkineverything but the grocery store doesn't have Pumpkin Spice creamer. WHAT?! 

How is a basic white girl supposed to drink coffee at home without delicious pumpkin spice creamer?! 
Solution: make your own! 

I looked around at a ton of blogs & recipe websites, all with slight variations of one another. I picked out the ingredients that seemed to be most common & ran with what I was thinking & what I had on hand. 


Ingredients:
1/2 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 cups Milk of choice [I used Whole]
1/4 cup Pumpkin Puree
1 Tbsp Maple Syrup 
1 Tbsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice

Directions: 
Wisk together ingredients [omitting vanilla] in a medium sauce pan. Heat on stove on medium heat, stirring often. Heat until the mixture is steaming, but not boiling. Remove from heat & stir in vanilla. Let cool & store in a container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. 


 I used an old Starbucks store-bought frap glass bottle [the bigger one] with a handmade label. The mixture filled the bottle to the top after I used a bit for my coffee this morning! 




Boy oh boy is it delicious! I may or may not be on my second cup of the day! It's creamy & doesn't chunk up my coffee like others I have tried. Plus, it's pretty cheap to make! I had most of the ingredients on hand already & those that I had to buy will only use part of it for a batch. Frugality is awesome! 

Hope this inspires you to try your own pumpkin spice creamer! 
If you do, let me know how it turns out! 



1 comment :